Tips For Dressing For Your Engagement Session
One of the most frequently asked questions I get when couples are planning an engagement session?? WHAT DO WE WEAR!??!?!?
Today, I’m going to give you some tips and tricks to help you out when picking your outfits.
1. Choose outfits that make you feel confident and comfortable.
- We’ve all bought outfits that we loved and thought were gorgeous on the rack, but truly didn’t make us feel our best. If your not comfortable in the clothes you pick for your engagement session it will 100% show in your pictures!
2. Make sure your outfits coordinate, but avoid matching.
- Your engagement session is a time to capture your love – not walk into a department store to get photos taken on a cheesy backdrop like we did when we were kids! The engagement session is an opportunity to show off your style. You don’t always need to find elements of matching colors – but complimenting one another in the same tone range is best!
3. Bring two outfits: one dressy; one casual.
This gives your session two totally different looks and allows you to feel like you’re going on a mini-date. We always recommend starting with the dressy outfit first!
4. Most patterns are actually okay!!
- However, graphics (like graphic tees) aren’t typically the best for portraits! Usually, larger patterns and prints photograph better than smaller ones, but don’t feel obligated to avoid them all together. If you are considering a print, I’d recommend only one of you wear a print!
5. Neutrals are always a good idea.
- I’ve gotta say, my favorite outfits are always neutrals. They allow the images to truly focus on the two of you and your love.
- If accessories aren’t your thing, don’t force it. However, if you love a little sparkle, make sure to include it! Scarves, bold jewelry and fun shoes make great additions to your photos!
7. Last, but not least: When in doubt, dress it up!
- You can never go wrong with dressing it up! Flow-y dresses always make for gorgeous images!
The most important thing to remember is to HAVE FUN. You don’t have to be a pro at this, that’s why you have me! Make a date night out of it and just relax and enjoy this time together.